Multi State Income and Franchise
We understand a tax department’s difficult task of staying on top of strategic planning while balancing the ever-increasing demands of compliance. Our talented State Income and Franchise professionals review a company’s legal structure, facilities, current operations, tax structures and compliance processes, and many other contributing factors to offer smart solutions to ensure that your company’s tax plans offer the greatest state tax efficiencies possible while meeting its overall business objectives.
We work with you to understand, plan, and mitigate state tax consequences of mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures . We can help you create and implement the most state tax-efficient structure for your operations. With extensive experience advising on complex issues involving dispositions, business acquisitions, and reorganizations at all points throughout the transaction, True Partners Consulting is available to serve as a resource for information, as well as to tailor and implement a state tax strategy that best meets your organization’s needs.
Our services include:
- Review and prepare state and local income tax filings
- Nexus studies and voluntary disclosures
- Recovery reviews
- Disposition consulting including exit strategies and structuring
- SOX compliance and accounting for income taxes
- Due diligence preparation and response
- Transaction documentation review to ensure seller’s tax objectives
- Acquisition consulting tax due diligence
- Structural analysis consulting and advice: existing entity and transaction planning
- Employment tax consulting
- Negotiating state and local tax credits including enterprise zones, jobs tax credits, favorable financing, zoning variances and asset grants
- Post-acquisition state tax planning and integration
- State and Local Tax minimization strategy implementation
- Tax department analysis and restructuring
- State and local Tax compliance software recommendation and implementation
State Tax Professionals
Smart solutions to create state tax efficiencies.
State Tax Insights
Politics and Congressional Activity Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Congress has spent very little time in session for […]
On April 29, 2020, the IRS issued a list of Frequently Asked Questions (“FAQs”) to provide clarification around […]