True Partners Consulting has extensive experience in providing tax advice to equity funds in all aspects of their operations, including the impact on its general partners and investors. Our Asset Management team can assist you in selecting the most effective tax strategies to achieve your overall business objectives. We will then work with your management, venture partners, portfolio companies, and other advisors to ensure that these tax strategies are implemented appropriately.
- Perform tax due diligence to identify a target company’s exposures and opportunities to maximize tax attributes
- Develop a structure that minimizes the transaction’s overall income and sales tax burden
- Identify employment tax strategies seeking to maintain existing positive tax attributes or establish new attributes where advantageous
- Negotiate state and local credits and incentives packages such as enterprise zone and jobs tax credits, favorable financing, zoning variances, and asset grants
- Analyze historic sales and use tax exposures and develop strategies to minimize these taxes
- Review property tax filings for exposures, as well as purchase price allocations to minimize future property taxes
- Identify unclaimed property exposures and designing methods to mitigate this risk
- Advise on potential exit strategies to maintain flexibility and efficiency in ultimately profiting from these investments
- Assist in IPO preparations, including restructuring business operations, SOX compliance, and accounting for income taxes
- Provide assistance in preparing for, and responding to, tax due diligence requests
- Review all transaction documentation to ensure that the seller’s tax objectives are met
Transaction Planning Professionals
Your true partners for every stage of the transaction.