Steven Swaigenbaum is a Director in the Unclaimed Property Practice of True Partners Consulting LLC. Steven has extensive experience in unclaimed property consulting, with expertise in managing and defending audits being conducted by both third-party contract firms and states directly. Moreover, Steven has developed proficiencies in the performance of comprehensive diagnostic reviews, quantification analysis including the use of statistical sampling, exposure remediation and annual compliance reporting.
- Steven has over 14 years of experience in unclaimed property consulting, public accounting and industry finance.
- Steven has aided both Fortune 500 and middle market companies in industries such as entertainment, financial services, insurance, manufacturing, retail and technology with the performance of comprehensive diagnostic reviews, audit defense, voluntary disclosure agreements, and annual compliance.
- Prior to joining True Partners Consulting, Steven served as a state and local tax Manager for KPMG where he worked on both state tax credit and incentive and unclaimed property engagements.
- In addition to extensive experience in unclaimed property consulting, Steven worked for a prominent entertainment studio as a Senior Financial Analyst with focus on budgeting and forecasting.
- Steven has spoken before organizations such as the California Society of CPAs, Unclaimed Property Professionals Organization, and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants on the subject of Unclaimed Property.
- Steven chairs recruitment for True Partners’ Los Angeles office and has presented at numerous universities on the topics of networking and interviewing, in cultivating new professionals for the firm.
Affiliations & Education
Member and Presenter, Unclaimed Property Professionals Organization (UPPO)
Member and Presenter, California Society of CPAs (CalCPA)
Bachelor of Arts, Business/Economics (Accounting Emphasis), University of California, Los Angeles
Licensed Certified Public Accountant