Cathleen Bucholtz is the Managing Director and National Unclaimed Property Practice Leader for the Unclaimed Property Management Solutions Team of True Partners Consulting. Cathleen has extensive experience in all aspects of unclaimed property including consulting, audit defense, comprehensive diagnostic reviews, statistical sampling, development of leading practices, and annual compliance. Before joining True Partners Consulting LLC, Cathleen held the position of Western Region Unclaimed Property Practice Leader for KPMG, and prior to 2002, Cathleen was a part of the National Unclaimed Property Team for Arthur Andersen.
- Over 26 years of experience in unclaimed property and state and local tax consulting and auditing, Cathleen has represented numerous Fortune 500 clients in the defense of both unclaimed property and sales and use tax audits, resulting in hundreds of millions in total client savings.
- Cathleen has extensive experience in unclaimed property consulting for the healthcare, financial services, insurance, manufacturing, and retail industries and has assisted with diagnostic reviews, annual compliance services, and development of policies and procedures for dozens of Fortune 500 companies.
- Prior to entering public accounting in the late 1990’s, Cathleen was a senior sales tax auditor and field audit supervisor for the California State Board of Equalization, where she was responsible for conducting field audits on a wide range of major corporations.
Cathleen has spoken before numerous trade and professional organizations including UPPO (Unclaimed Property Professionals Organization), COST (Council on State Taxation), APA (American Payroll Association), IPT (Institute for Professionals in Taxation), and NBI (National Business Institute), and many others. In addition, Cathleen regularly collaborates on numerous unclaimed property seminars geared toward the education of individuals in private industry. These educational seminars cover such topics as History of Unclaimed Property, Compliance Best Practices, Audit Defense, and Voluntary Disclosures, and have been presented across the United States with thousands of participants from a wide variety of industries, including: transportation, financial, insurance, retail, manufacturing and healthcare.
Affiliations & Education
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Unclaimed Property Professionals Organization (UPPO)
- Member, Leadership Committee, Unclaimed Property Professionals Organization (UPPO)
- 2016 Women in Tax Leader – International Tax Review
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Economics, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant